Good morning Steepers!
So I decided to try to make pumpkin spice oatmeal (in a jar) and document it. I’ve seen a few pumpkin spice oatmeal recipes floating around Pinterest and it looked easy enough. Plus I’m already an oatmeal-in-a-jar fiend so a little flavour variation wouldn’t hurt.
What you need:
1. oatmeal 1/2 cup per portion. I used large flake but you can get quick oats or steel cut…what ever suits your fancy
2. Nuts and seeds, a spoonful each of whatever you have on hand. I used hemp and chia but you could add flax, sunflower, almonds etc. This would be really good with pecans!
3. Sweetener to taste. I used local honey, but agave, Brown sugar, molasses or mashed banana would work too.
4. Pumpkin puree! 2 spoonfuls per portion. Bonus points if you make your own
5. Pumpkin spice: pre made blend, or make your own with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice.
6. Pumpkin chai tea. 1 pot scoop in 2 cups hot water. I used DAVIDsTEA pumpkin chai, this time but next time I’ll try Steeped Tea’s chocolate pumpkin chai. Both black teas. Try different teas like these:
Boil your water and make a concentrated batch of tea. You can do this one of two ways… Mix all the dry ingredients, and wet ingredients separate and then combine. Or how I did it and just throw a bit of everything into the jars Or bowls as you make it. The latter with get a more even mixture of flavours and avoid the dry lumps and bubbles.
That’s basically it. Pretty simple. I didn’t make quite enough tea so I will add a little bit of cream to the jars before I eat them as they are going in the fridge for my next few breakfasts. For the leftover pumpkin puree if you have any just store in a container in the fridge or freezer depending on how fast you’ll use it.
Pumpkin cheesecake dip
This yummy dip mix from Steeped Tea goes great with Apple’s to dip. Calls for whipped cream and cream cheese but I mixed it with 4 spoons of pumpkin puree and plain yogurt. It makes a great addition to the oatmeal or with granola.
If you give this a try please leave a comment or tag me in your pictures using #teawithkayla. Thank for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for more pumpkin tea updates! follow me to subscribe and get email notifications when new posts are available!
Instagram: @teawithkayla Email: email@example.com