Hey friends and steepers,
Here is a quick and simple recipe for tasty ice pops/popsicles that you can customize however you like!
Materials and ingredients:
- Ice pop/popsicle, or freezy molds
- Teapot, pitcher or infuser/filters bags and a glass measuring cup or something with a spout for easy pouring.
- Fruit of choice, I used strawberries
- Fruit tea, I used Strawberry colada from DAVIDsTEA, and Strawberry Swirl from Steeped Tea
Sweetener is totally optional and you can use whatever type you prefer. To make this a sugar free recipe I didn’t use anything as I find the fruit tea and fruit is enough flavouring for me that sweetener is not necessary
- brew fruit tea strongly – I used 2 Perfect Pot Spoons of Strawberry Colada and 1 PPS of Strawberry Swirl to 3-4 cups of hot water (I used tap hot and then put in the fridge to chill)
- Cut up desired fruit into relatively small pieces- I cut strawberries into about 4 pieces each
- once tea is chilled or steeped to desired strength and flavour put the fruit in the popsicle molds about 3/4 full and fill with tea
- add the sticks and pop them into the freezer
- leave for 3 or more hours and Voila!
There you have it, Fresh, Fruity, Sugar-Free popsicles that everyone will enjoy.
As always you can keep up to date with my tea of the day and what I’m sipping on on my instagram here: http://instagram.com/teawithkayla
As always I thank you for reading despite the gaps in time when I cannot blog. I started my co-op job in June and its full time hours plus an hour commute so my time is limited for leisure. I will try to do better and thanks for reading always! Please comment any posts you would like to see or if you have any questions about Steeped Tea!