It has been way, way too long since I have posted but don’t worry I have some posts in the works for the month of February including a review of the new teas in the Steeped Tea Spring/ Summer Catalogue, as well as a tea and yoga pairings post!
Without any further excuses as to why I’ve been MIA I’ll just get right into today’s subject matter. This Saturday I got to spend a lovely day in Toronto with my partner and attend the Toronto Tea Festival which was held at the Reference Library on Younge street. It was a beautiful facility and I will definitely be going back, the architecture was impressive. Once we present our tickets and check our coats they give us goodie/shopping bags with some information on the festival and a little glass tasting cup. We wandered around and had many samples, checked everything out before I planned what I was going to buy. I had in mind what I was interested in on my wish list and then hunted for the best deal.
What I bought:
– 25g mountain oolong – King’s Zen Tea
– 25g longevity – King’s Zen Tea
– 25g King’s Yi Kwan Yin
– 50g milk oolong – Blair Elements
– 3 blooming tea balls – Wait Tea House
– David’s tea free tea coupon x2 (boyfriend gave me his)
– Pekoe and Grey filter bags and a chocolate
– glass tasting cup c/o festival
– I 💚 tea shopping bag c/o festival
My Favourite Companies:
- Chaiwala: nicest display of natural elements and breakdown of their chai ingredients, and the chief Chaiwali’s (founders) were super fun
- Tea-Ara: beautiful display of colour and their products, also had samples of 8 different teas shown in beautiful glass pots.
- Steeped Tea Inc.: lovely array of their products and samples done in different ways (iced, hot and matcha in juice)
- Tea Libre: glass travel infusers with plastic exterior, glass interior so more durable with lovely patterns and colours
- Grosche: huge variety of travel mugs, infusers and teapots and excellent deals!
- Shu: traditional chinese art all crafted from decanter sets, to art, to chopstick stands that were the cutest pandas
- Pekoe and Grey: tea party rental company, where you can choose the set and rent them for weddings, showers, birthdays etc.
Thanks for reading and I hope to write for you all more often! Definitely send me requests for reviews or if you have an idea for a post.
For more festival info: http://teafestivaltoronto.com